How's this for bad luck: I bought Lin-Man 7.0 Complete
in the hopes of learning Linux. I couldn't install at
home though because my floppy drive died. So I decided
to install it at work [we're a strictly doz shop so
don't tell anyone ;) ] to get started right away.
Installed and works fine there. Get the new floppy
drive at home and try the install; won't go. I fixed
what I thought to be a hardware conflict but now I am
getting the following errors:
   in second stage install
Segmentation fault
_x11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
_x11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
Gtk-warning: cannot open display: 0 at
/usr/bin/perl-install/my_gtk.pm line 139
install exited abnormally.

This error output shows up shortly after a screen
initializing the CD-Rom.

Do you have ANY ideas of what's causing this?

FYI.
Equipment I'm using:
P133 - 32Mb
ATI Xpert98 (3D Rage Pro) - PCI
US-Robotics int 33.6 modem (com 2)
I have a multi-funct card that gives me com1. The
motherboard has onboard IO disabled in BIOS because of
problems.
IDE HD CD-Rom and ZIP100.