-=qUeNCy95=- wrote:

> Recently changed from mandrake 6 -> 7... Ive never had so many freaking
> problems in my life!  Ive noticed my comp being quite a bit slower with
> all my apps running... I run kpm to see whats going on, and I dont even
> have a swap partition.

It seems that the problem comes from kpm. Try running ktop to see the *real*
usage of your swap. I have two swap partitions, ktop sees it, kpm doesn't

> I thought mabye the installer didnt create it.  So
> I go and reinstall mandrake 7, and I choose my own value for swap (the
> installer wanted to allocated 250megs for swap! Yikes!).  I put 70meg
> swap.

Are you sure reinstalling Mandrake is a good solution while you just want to
add a swap partition? I'm not...

> Im all setup, I run kpm and it still doesnt show my swap.. comp is
> still slow!  Whats going on?

Watch the monitoring tools to see what is in full use. Is it your hard drive,
your memory, your CPU?

> Also, dmesg shows this: Adding Swap: 72256k swap-space (priority -1)

This confirms that you have swap. Kpm just doesn't see it.

HTH
Flupke