Open up /etc/fstab and then on the line that describes your vfat partition, add
"umask=0" as one of the options. For example, here's mine:

/dev/hdb5               /windows                vfat
user,exec,nodev,nosuid,rw,conv=auto,umask=0 0 0

I think you can also use linuxconf to change that option too.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com