I have been attempting to install Linux Mandrake 7.0 (Air - GPL Edition),
with no success at all.  I have a Creative Labs 52X CD-ROM drive in my
system, and it doesn't seem to want to read it.  I am booting off of the
Linux CD to install.  It goes through all of the detection processes fine,
and detects the cd-rom drive as the right one also.  It says "Initializing
CD-ROM...", then it will say "Loading second stage ramdisk".  It completes
that successfully, but then will move on to "Initializing CD-ROM" once
again, and put "in second stage install" on the bottom of the screen.. Then
it will just sit there forever.  Does anyone have any clue about how to fix
this problem?  Sucks when you can't even get Linux to read your cd-rom
drive, much less install.