I am running Mandrake 7.0 and am new to linux. I thought I followed the readme
for installation of the kdealpha of 02282000, which is the full install of kde2
alpha.  I have a qt-copy in /usr/src/kde/qt-copy and kde2 files are in
/opt/kde2 the install was done from / as root, the the files were installed
from the 02282000 rpm using the --install --force --nodeps options as indicated
by the readme. The readme indicates nothing else needs to be done.  How ever
when I try to start kword I come up with a error dialouge that stats dcopserver
needs to be running.  I start dcopserver and then try to start kword and small
amount of hard drive activity then nothing.  Would like to get kde2 running,
particularly koffice suite.  Can any help me get it working. Thanks in advance.

Ralph