Hi all,

I've been trying (for about a week) to install Mandrake versions 6.1 and 7.02. on
the following:

Tyan 1854 motherboard
pentium PIII-600
128 meg ram
IMB 13.Gb HDD
MATROX G400max
SB 1024 soundcard
NE2000 comp. ethernet card

he problem is as follows:

After booting up from the CD, I presume the following process is hardware
detection, what happens is when it gets to IDE0 and IDE1 the system hangs
for a while and then reports operation timed out and something along the
lines of IDE0 not found (not responding) and the same for IDE1. Carrying
on with the installation after this the process cab't get past the formatting of
the Linxu partition.The same also occurs trying to install Redhat 6.0. I've
tried the fips & fdisk route as well with no success.

I've managed to successfully install 7.02 on another machine (only real
difference being the motherboard)

Anyone have any ideas

Cheers

Steve