I guess I should've said this earlier - the reason why I'm asking is so
that I can change the order in which things show up. First, I want the
motd, then the output of "fortune", and LAST, the "You have mail". No one
uses KDE on this machine - everyone logs in remotely.

I know the whole thing is extremely trivial - I guess it's just more
important that I know where everything is and how it runs.

-Ed