I am not sure about the software, but about the cable, insure you are
using a NULL modem cable.  That is where the output of one system is
connected to the input of the other system.

don

I thought I knew that I knew what I thought
But now I know that what I thought I knew
Isn't what I know I think I thought I knew.

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:48:01 -0500 "Phil Lamey"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Hi,
>
>       I think in order to get help I need to better explain what
> I'm
> trying to do.
>
>       I am trying to establish a PPP between two linux boxes using
> a the
> parallel ports of the boxes and a simple cable connection.
>       I have to PPP-Howto.
>       After this is done how do I set TCP/IP as the protocol.
>
> Can anyone please help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil Lamey

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!