question:

Why do you need to recompile / install the driver?
undert /lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/net be a all the compiled NIC drivers
in module format.

just try insmod /lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/net/3c59x.o
is that does not give you any errors then you can proceed to
linuxconf/drakxconfig etc.. to configure your networking

Ron