$HOME and ~ are the same, it's the location of your homedir (in my
case: /home/nighty/). So copying XF86Config to ~ means to copy it into your
homedir.

However, what Jon suggests doesn't work. It only works for users with uid=0, in
other words: root. It does not work for regular users. So I guess you must find
another workaround, or work as root all the time. Working as root all the time
is highly discouraged for security reasons, but it's up to you.

But just out of curiosity: does the mouse work correct in a console? Perhaps you
have gpm using one type of mouse, and have defined another one for X. Don't know
if this can cause trouble or not, but it's not unlikely. You can manually edit
the mouseconfig in /etc/sysconfig/mouse, or fire up a linuxconf and set the
right mousetype in there. If you're not used to meddling with config files, go
with linuxconf. ;-)

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers