At 02:06 PM 3/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello there
>
>I have Road Runner cable modem service  and I was wondering if anyone knows
>how to set it up so I can get on to the internet with linux .  I tried tech
>support but they said that they only support win/mac and can't help with any
>other OS.
>
>Cory

  I installed Linux Mandrake 7.0 on a friend's machine that has Road
Runner. All I had to do during the installation (I took the expert mode,
workstation, I believe) was to tell it that I was using a LAN instead of a
dial-up modem. It detected his card and configured it automatically. I
brought up the KFM and told it to look for http://www.cnn.com, and up it
came.

Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY