Somehow I have lost access to all my removeables: floppy, cdrom, and zip
(IDE). These are my current entries in fstab; do you see what's wrong:
/dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip vfat exec,user,noauto,rw,suid,dev 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat exec,user,noauto,rw,suid,dev 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 user,noauto,suid,exec,dev,ro 0 1

Here's what I get when I try to mount them:
[root@localhost /root]# mount /mnt/floppy
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0,
       or too many mounted file systems
[root@localhost /root]# mount /mnt/zip
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd4,
       or too many mounted file systems
[root@localhost /root]# mount /mnt/cdrom
mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device
--
Lane
____

--