hsantos78 wrote:

> I installed Mandrake 7 and used for several hours without a problem. The problem
>comes know that i used root to adduser and my machine got stuck. i rebooted the
>machine manually (reset). Know i did add the user but says that root does not exist.
>can any one help me?

try starting linux by typing "linux 1" without the quotes and enter the change
password command (paswrd root - I think)  perhaps this will jog it's memory.  If that
dosen't work I suppose you could always try to adduser root but I warn you I've never
done this before so
think twice about it and only if you don't mind the possibility of a reinstall

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support

Linux is like a wigwam...