IF anyone is interested in a better telnet client than comes with Win9x:

Telnet client with personal FTP server. Version 1.5.6.0
This FREEWARE program NOT REGISTERED for commercial usage.
Check http://www.magnitka.ru/~anatol/telnet for latest version.
Comments by E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ain't cut and paste wonderful...

That was straight out of the console mode one.  Which, by the way, WILL go full
screen...  (I hate little windows, can you tell?)
It also has a windows gui type if you like that sort of thing...