Patrick Dyer wrote:

> Dear Mr. Gardener
>   Thanks for replying to my mail. I am using a Supra
> PCI 56i modem. I didn't get the box for the modem so I
> don't know if the modem "requires Windows 95/98/NT".
> However, in my system credentials information the
> IRQ,Comm Port and Comm Address are OS assigned.Does
> that mean that I have a winmodem?
>
>                            Patrick

> http://im.yahoo.com

Ouch,  I do believe so.  There was a discussion a few weeks back on this
list regarding a few of these (Winmodems) actually working so you might
like to cruise the archives ( http://www.linux-mandrake.com  and follow
the links or directly at
http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/ ) and check them
out but I believe you're off to the computer store.

BTW, Mr Gardner is my father, Joe will do 8-).

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support

Linux is like a wigwam...