I believe this happens because *nix uses only a carriage-return as its
end-of-record marker, whereas winders is expecting a carriage-return/line-feed
combination.  Many winders editors such as UltraEdit (look it up on the 'Net),
either recognizes this automatically and compensates, or allows you to tell the
program you are reading a *nix-generated file.  I am not sure if you can tell
Linux editors to write CR-LF's

Bryan

"Eunice Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/28/2000 05:11:56 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]