Are you sure the system is locked up?  Try going into
Task Manager and killing ld-linux.so.2.  This seems to
work for me.  Netscape sometimes just locks up but the
system still works. (I have so far been unable to lock
the system under any situation.)  It seems to happen
on pages with Java but not always.