OK guys (and gals),

I did a fresh install of 7.0-2 using the recommended settings.
Hardware is as follows:
    AMD K6-2 350
    64M RAM
    10G & 30G Maxtor HD's
    Motorola BitsurferPro ISDN modem
    Diamond Stealth III (s540) video card
    no-name 19" monitor
    Logitech rollerball type mouse
    M$ natural keyboard

Use KDE desktop
kppd dialer to local ISP
Netscape 4.7 (came with 7.0-2)

Problem seems to be:
When dialed into ISP and online with Netscape the system locks up
tighter than Scrooge's purse string and NOTHING will bring it out.
Tried Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, KillX (or is it XKill),
Ctrl-Shift-F3 (again whatever the combo is) and still can not seem to
unlock the darned thing.  This has happened now 4 times to the wife -
read here I haven't a clue what she was looking at- and once to me and
for the life of me I can't make any sense out of this.  It does not seem
to be triggered by anything in particular and appears to happen at
random.

TIA
--
Joseph S. Gardner