From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] upgrading RedHat 6.1 to Mandrake 7.0
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:36:19 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, larry wrote:

 >     i just installed mandrake.  i didn't see the word "redhat" anywhere
in
 > the installation.  unless you know a hell of lot more than i do, i'd just
do
 > a new mandrake install.

no, I asked if it is possible to upgrade RedHat 6.1 to Mandrake 7.0
(the homepage states that Mandrake is RedHat-compatible, so I assume that
I can upgrade my RedHat 6.1 installation to Mandrake 7.0 without
jeopardizing my whole configuration and setup...

and I don't want to 'just' install mandrake over my existing system,
because it'll take me additional two weeks to recreate my whole
enviorment...

 >             larry

bye
        Frank