On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, steve harris wrote:

Hi Steve and others...

> RedHat 6.2 will be out April 10.

thanks, thats not the problem, the iso image for rh62 is allready on my
machine ;)

> MacMillan Mandrake 7 died on my system, and I was trying to upgrade
> MacMillan Mandrake 6.0 to 7.0

well thats at least a statement which tells me that upgrading with
Mandrake does probably not work...

> My comment would be "don't upgrade just to upgrade.

Thats certainly true in most cases and the reason why I'm asking this
question in this forum. I just would like to see the speedups
everybody is speaking about.

> If you upgrade any system be prepared to tweak a few things.
> (no real good answer for you I know, just experience)

Well, I wouldn't expect that a action like that runs 'out of the box',
I just want to know if somebody achieved it without spoiling the system.
There's a slight difference between tweaking a few things and reinstalling
the whole system+configuration+me nerves... ;) (I've done such stupid
things ages ago, and I remember the nights repairing such systems... ;)

> fwiw
>
> steve

thanks for your answers and hints
                                        Frank