No. You don't have to reinstall anything. A correct file transfert
should do it.
Let's suppose your old linux is on /dev/hda2 and you want to have it on
/dev/hdb1.
If other users can connect and work on your box, you first should switch
to runlevel 1 (just type init 1)
Then, here is how you have to do (as root):
  mkdir /mnt/tmp
  mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/tmp
  (cd / && tar clpf - .) | (cd /mnt/tmp && tar xpf -)

You reconfigure your lilo to boot linux on the correct hd(/dev/hdb1
instead of /dev/hda2).
And that should work!

HTH
Flupke