Jason Dryer wrote:

> I have the same problem with Boot Magic not being able to recognize or
> start Linux, though I haven't figured a fix for this yet.  I believe you
> can get lilo to run again by booting into linux with your boot disk,
> setting up your /etc/lilo.conf, and then running lilo.
>
> stathis gotsis wrote:
> >
> > i would like to have some info on lilo,i know it is linux bootloader but i
> > still have some questions:when i install linux,is lilo only written to the
> > primary boot sector?is it written anywhere else except for there?if i
> > install  windows after linux,primary boot sector changes and in order to
> > boot from linux i am obliged to use a boot disc,how do i install lilo after
> > installing win without reinstalling linux?and then why can't i boot from
> > linux using boot magic after i have installed win,boot magic will not detect
> > linux as OS in that case and i have to define the partition where linux is
> > but that has no result,what should i do in that case?

If you want bootmagic to load linux:
Hopefully you allowed linux to create a /boot partition all is own?
Take your little boot disk and boot up linux, Then run linuxconf and
under the lilo section have it move the loader code to the /boot
partition instead of the MBR.  i.e.  /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/hda .
Don't verbatim my example, check your system and use the real numbers.

Now go into winblows and configure it in PQmagic.