From: bryan pryor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 05 April 2000 14:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] More probs with dual boot

You're right, right now i don't have any fat 32 partitions on my disk, but
when i boot using my win98 floppy and use fdisk, it says i only have 473 MB
of total disk space, when I actually have a 6.4 GB hard drive.  But I'll
keep trying and keep you informed.

Bryan

Sounds to me like you don't have a Fat16 or Fat32 partition on your drive.
Personally, I'd start completely over. Boot to a win98 boot-disk. Use
fdisk to get rid of ALL partitions. set your HD up as one large FAT32
drive. Format the drive. Install win98. Boot to your Mandrake CD after
win98 has been totally installed. setup your linux partitions using LILO
during installation. Finish the Linux install and boot to whatever you set
as default. If you need to change your default OS, run KLILO under KDE and
do it from there.

That's how I would do it.

George E. Jones IV
ABN AMRO ITSC North America
End User Support

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 04/04/2000 12:00:00 PM