Alternatives are:

* Netscape messenger: some people dislike it because netscape is "bloatware" and
                      'cause the standard settings are not netiquette-compliant.

* pine: Most old-school linux users use either this one or elm. It's console
        software though, meaning: no GUI. But oh-my-God, how customizable this
        baby is. ;-)
        I read somewhere about something called X-pine, which would give pine a
        nice GUI frontend, I believe it was on freshmeat. But I could be
        mistaken and have dreamt it all up last night as well. When one sleeps
        as little as I do, reality and fantasy tend to blend into each other
        every now and then... ;)

There's more stuff too, but I haven't tried them. Just go look around on
linuxberg or freshmeat. Sure you'll find lots of stuff there.

ps: I used Eudora too back in my windows-era... It's one of few programs I miss
in linux. What do you think, gang? Perhaps we should start a petition to port it
to linux as well? Slim chance of it being open-source then though, _if_ at all
the author decides to do it in the first place...

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers