From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Jon
Sent: 09 April 2000 04:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] how do i get in

> Alex Leonard wrote:
>
> i have lost dual boot, and now my boot disk doesnt work, it freezes at
> LIL
> it wont get through to the O
>
> how do i get in, it is all there installed on my computer but i cant
> use it. help

First off, you turn off the HTML in your mail composer so we can read
your cries for help...

If you can boot off your cdrom, put it in and reboot.

Otherwise, boot into Windoze and make bootdisk from one of the images on
the cd.

Once you are on your way to booting up a screen will come up asking for
any parameters to pass to the kernel.

linux root=/dev/hda1 initrd=

Use the real partition of your root of course.  If your partitions have
changed (You installed another OS Maybe) you can make a "rescue" disk to
allow you to boot a small version of linux and do system mantenance such
as fdisk -l /dev/hda to look at your partition table and figure out
where linux is...

initrd=
tells it to not run the install program and it is very important to
remember to put it in...

Once you get in rerun /sbin/lilo