Where are you located?  I would just get some local
ISP in your area that gives good deals until some
company writes up the code for a Linux free ISP.  The
one in my area is $5 a month for 20 hours, $12 for
unlimited.  It beats the heck out of AOL.

HREF="http://www.teledyn.com/products/FreeWWW/#features">TCI: