Josep Molero i Puig wrote:

> I'm administering a NT domain.
>
> I'm new in Linux world ... and wanna learn about this system.
(...)
> Think SAMBA is a sort of Comunnication Suite, but ... don't know more about
> it.
> I have seen there are serveral GUI to manage SAMBA ... but ... here are my
> (stupid) questions :
>
> Where is SAMBA in my Linux-Mandrake 7.0 ??
Weird question. The binaries are in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin/, the
configuration files are in /etc/, the log files are in /var/log/samba/.
And the installation files are on your mandrake cdrom.
Mandrake/RPMS/samba* files.

> Is it a service ? Is it always running ?
It's a service. You can start or stop it with the script
/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb
And you can include it in your runlevel configuration.

> If not ... How can I set up SAMBA ?
The only configuration file is /etc/smb.conf (cfr man smb.conf and
smb-HOWTO)

> How can then use any GUI application?
> Which of them do you recommend ?
Personnaly, I don't use GUI tools to set up samba.

HTH
Flupke