Sad to hear you're getting sucked into the MS vortex. Yes, learning to
configure Linux is painful. I'm at that stage and the learning curve seems
to be vertical but I did manage to get a basic configuration of Mandrake 6
running and it is solid as a rock. I initially had it running on 16mb or
ram. Try doing that with a MS product.
Although the curve is steep I like the idea of having a choice on how I
configure my box and what get's loaded and what doesn't. A windoze box
without alteration, stuck onto the internet is not a verysecure device.
>From what I can see, if I don't load the ftpd,telnetd or other server
daemons, Linux is a fairly secure desktop.

ks
Kevin Stewart
Technical Analyst
School District No. 57