Martin Solms wrote:

> On your Win95 system, are you listing the files in Dos mode or Unix style
> (you can check this under the administration of the Personal Web server -
> if you are running the pws).
>
> That's my guess....
>
> Fabio wrote:
>
> > Hello to all,
> > I've made a simple home network between my Linux system and a laptop
> > running win95.
> > On the laptop I run the chamaleont ftp server.
> > When I ftp the laptop using the gFTP or IglooFTP I'm not able to see the
> > files that are on the laptop disk.
> > If I run ftp the laptop from the xterm I can see all the files on the
> > disk.
> > Somebody out there has an explanation.
> > Thanks in advance
> > Fabio

Hello,
thanks for the quick answer, but I'm not running the pws.
I know that is something related to the file listing.
At the beginning I had the same problem using win98 to ftp the laptop, and I
solved it when I setup the ftp
program on my PC to use the same protocol (chamaleont) as the ftp server
running on the laptop.
The problem is that I do not know how to do it under Linux, since both gui
ftp program I've used do not
support it ( I mean  I didn't find it in the preference setup ).
Right now I'm using the always working xterm :-)
Ciao
Fabio