can somenody please tell me where i can find pci-utils under linux ?-----the
alsa howto states that the pnp soundcard needs to be initialised at
startup......and therefore u have to configure it with the so called "pci utils"
the howto furthermore tells me to have a look at the pnp howto for usage of pci
utils but the pnp howto doesnt say anything about pci utils.......the point
is.....i instaled alsa drivers......my soundcard is supported.....the drivers
are loaded......the card is recognized.......but when trying to cat a soundfile
to the sounddevice i get : device is not configured !

hope u can help me.----

quay