First, make sure you have numlock-1.0-7mdk installed.  Next, open kpackage and find
the numlock package (System / Configuration / Boot and Init).  Single click on the
package and look at the 'properties' tab to verify that you have this version
installed.  Next look at the 'File list' tab and you'll see a list of where the
different files relevant to that package have been installed; you should see an
entry that says /usr/X11R6/bin/enable_X11_numlock

If you don't see this package, then you either don't have the correct version or
somehow the file was corrupted when you downloaded; that program was specifically
added to the last version.  If you would like to get emails on the latest packages
and updates, go to the Mandrake home page and navigate to the developer area and
subscribe to the changlog list.

I can verify that the program does exist, because I just installed it about a week
or two ago and it works great.

Let me know how it works out, Mike

"Stephen F. Bosch" wrote:

> Michael Holt wrote:
> >
> > If you installed the latest version of the numlock program from the site listed
> > below, enable_X11_numlock should automatically be installed in the directory
> > /etc/X11R6/bin
>
> I've installed the said Numlock rpm, and it hasn't had any impact. My
> Numlock key resolutely ignores this script.
>
> What do I need to do to make it work, or is this specific to my
> hardware? (btw, the aforementioned X11 program is *not* included in the
> RPM, at least not the release RPM).
>
> -Stephen-

The Penguins are coming!!!

Michael Holt