Sami A. Kutbi wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to log in as root while i'm in a user in KDE. with
> out logout and login out from user...
> Thanks for the help

Bring up a terminal window and su to root

        su root

or just

        su

Then, you'll be prompted for the root password and until you close the
window or run

        exit

you'll be working as root.

If you want to do a complete login as root, to be placed in root's home
directory, instead of remaining in the directory currently the present one
in the terminal window, then add the -l option

        su -l {user}

where in your case {user} would be root.

Adding the -l option runs or sources the login scripts of the user you su
to, eg., .bashrc, and makes your present working directory (pwd) the home
directory of that user, as if you had logged in to that account from the
initial login prompt.

With the -l, these scripts are sourced or run and you don't change
directories until you explicitly do a cd.

If -l doesn't do this, then read the man page on su

        man su

-l is what was used on Unix and I believe to have used it a couple or few
times in Linux, but do it so rarely that I'm guessing that I'm remembering
correctly.  Definitely -l on Unix, though.

mike