Here's my problem(s) trying to load 7.0-2 on a K6/2 300, 48meg,
home brewed computer:

DrakX doesn't find my mouse (serial mouse located on Com2)
which isn't a major problem until I get to the disk partition part
where clicking certain things is necessary.  I've tried the mouse
"patch" from the Mandrake web site, but it doesn't help anything.

Fine, I'm a text kind of guy, so I try to load it using "text mode".  It
crashes on me every time--right after I choose what RPM's I want
and it tries to load them.

I've tried booting from CD: doesn't work for me (probably my OLD
4X CD-Rom drive).

I've tried the boot straight from DOS: no dice.

I've tried a boot disk: see problems above.

Also:
Is there a way to pick individual packages instead of, for example,
a grouped "WWW/E-mail/Usenet/etc." lot?  I don't want a bunch of
PIne, Lynx, and other items wasting hard drive space, when all I'll
end up using is Netscape and it's built in utilities.  Red Hat allows
these choices during its setup.  Is this selectivity available under
the "Expert" mode on Mandrake?

BTW, I've loaded RedHat 6.1 on this computer before and RedHat
had no problems (locating my mouse on install or otherwise).  But I
saw Mandrake at Wal-Mart and figured the PDF books are worth
the $25.00 I paid for this, and I would rather run Mandrake instead
of RedHat.  I like blue hats better than red ones! :)

Thanks for any help given.

Kevin