Hi,

I'm Iszeham. I already installed linux mandrake to my computer at home. But my computer using i810 chipset (motherboard build in) for the display card. When I install the linux mandrake my display card not working properly because of i810 chipset for display card not in the list. So that, I refer to website of intel support  for the linux. I have been tried go through their suggestion. The suggestion is for linux red hat? As I understand linux mandrake and linux red hat is not so different. Refer to the suggestion, they suggest to upgrade the XFree86 to 3.3.5. I tried with the step was suggested. I downloaded the XFree86 3.3.5 from XFree86 for linux-i86glibc.  Firstly I disable the Xdm in /etc/inittab. From the command prompt I create /var/tmp and put all of the tgz files and also the preinst.sh, postinst.sh and extract file. Follow the instruction I run the preinst.sh. After that I try to extract tgz file but the error is "Bug dinamical linker ld.so ....".

My Question is, Is it all of my step are correct? If I'm wrong how can I upgrade XFree86 to ver 3.3.5? And also how to activate my display card i810 chipset for the linux mandrake?

Thanks.

Iszeham