If you find that it's not already installed, look in the CD under /Mandrake/RPMS
for "wine-991212-1mdk.i586.rpm"

Hope that helps..

Michael Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/20/2000 08:29:00 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Joe Reynolds/ISSC/Texas Utilities)
Subject:  Re: [newbie] Wine

Oops!  I didn't give you the whole command.  You need to type 'rpm -q wine'
without the quotes.
Mike

Michael Holt wrote:

> I believe it does, the way to find out for sure would be to type rpm -q from
> the command line.  That will tell you what version you have (if you have it).
>
> Mike
>
> andy wrote:
>
> > OK, a REALLY basic one..
> >
> > Does Mandrake load Wine when you install the os, or do yuo have to get it
> > from another source? I'm sure I read on here it comes as part of the
> > standard Mandrake install, but I'm beggered if I can find it!!!
> >
> > When I installed Mandrake 7, I went for the standard install, and I've put
> > it into a huge disc partition, so I didn't get any messages saying I
> > wouldn't get a full install (I got those when trying to put it onto a
> > smaller partition).
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Andy
>
> --