Yeah, when I first started with Linux (not that long ago)I assigned my
windows partitions the dos file system and I couldn't figure out why all
my file names were getting chopped up (dos only allows 8 char for file
names and 3 for extensions). I switched to vfat and have lived happily
ever after!

=) Mike