In a message dated 4/23/00 12:56:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I need help getting my sound card to work or even be detected half the
time,
 second, my (non winmodem) USR 56k x2/v.90 modem I need the same help with,
 lothar doesn't seem to do any good finding it and even though i've specified
 the port, it's not seen.  Could someone give me some suggestions since i'm
 VERY new to linux and can't wait to start using it for everything?!!?
Thanks,

 Robert >>

    Sorry, as for the type of sound card it's a creative labs awe 64.  thanks
again.