ptah wrote:
Greetings,

I currently use Mandrake 7.0 for my main machine and I seem to be having
some problems with FTP.

Here is the situation.  When I ftp into my main machine from my firewal
(mandrake
7.0) or from my wife's machine (win98se) it takes a hell of a long time for
my machine to actually send the login prompt.  It says connected to
hostname,
and just sits there for a long time, sometimes it never comes up.

The firewall does not have this problem and I am not sure why mine does.
Anyway here is some information on my system:

Mandrake 7.0 (kernel 2.2.14)
MSI Bxmaster mb
384 pc-133mhz ram
28.5g ATA/66 (enabled using Promise controller)
SB Live!
TEAC 32x CDROM
HP 9100 CDRW 8x/32x
coppermine 750e o/c 840 (7.5x112)

Not sure if any of the above information is needed or not, but I just wanted

to try and provide the most infromation about my system that I could.

Also the o/c'ing is not an issues, my proc runs at 32 C with the monster
heatsink I have (boy taking the stock fan/heatsink that came with the 750e
SECC2 off was a *MAJOR* pain in the ass) and the PCI devices can
handle the extra juice.

.. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem?  Thanks
in advance for any help.

What is in the /etc/hosts file on the machine you are connecting to. Ip address and host names of all machines on your network should be listed.

Pat