Lonnie;

Check your "dmesg" file; this will tell you what linux thinks your cdrw is.  I basicly have the same type of setup.  Linux however senses my cdrw as being connected to a scsi device.  Therefore; I had to change the settings in the "ftab" file.  In your "ftab" it (cdrw) maybe maybe listed as somthing like (hdc or the like); you may have to change it to something like "sd0" (this is what mine is sensed as).  But, again; check the "dmesg" file.  Usually, it'll be at the very end of the file.  I know I probably confused you; I'm confusing myself.  Anyway good luck.  This list server is VERY helpful.

Bruce :-)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 7:43 PM
Subject: [newbie] Problem mounting CDRW

Hi

Hi! I just installed Mandrake 7.02 and it works great but I thought mounting
 a cdrom was automatic?   I have 1 cdrom and 1 cdrw (Smart & Friendly CD Pacer RW2224).  Mandrake installed icons on my desktop for both cdrom and cdrw but the cdrw will not mount.  It is set up as follows /mnt/cdr2,  Supermount and /mnt/cdr2 .  I have been unable to find doc's on this CDRW but am wondering if it is just setup wrong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Lonnie