With regards to your message at 07:03 PM 4/26/00 -0700,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Where you stated:
>Hey all.  DrakConf will not detect any of my ISA devices, but when I run
>pnpdump it finds all of them.  I tried setting my modem settings but it
>didn't work.  In the newbie archives I found a message that told me how to
>get it running.  It is at
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg24652.html.  I did
>everything it said and felt really good, until I restarted linux to see if
>it was ok.  It gave me an error saying something like "cannot allocate 8
>bytes of data to IO 2f8" or something really close to that.  then it said
>"see /proc/ioports."  I opened the ioports file, but there was NOTHING in
>it!  I am about to give up and just use windows for the rest of my
>life.  If anybody can help me it would be very awesome.  Thanks a lot.
The way to view the /proc/ files is by using "cat".
As in "cat /proc/ioports"

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.            FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3