I am running adsl on Mandrake with a little help from a
software package I picked up called Babylon 1.4

With the service I have it's threw Sympatico High Speed
and we cannot plug the modem into the hub it won't work!
They also use a custom connection threw " There dialer"
but they will not support Linux.  I finally found the
Babylon dialer though and the support they give via E-mail
is amazing!  Same day usually within 2-3 hour response time.
I think that is great response for software that is free.

Just do a search under www.freshmeat.com for pppoe.

As to sharing the connection, that is something I'm working
on as we speak called masquerading and IP chains.  Sorry
I'm a newbie too!

         Hope that helps

Mike

> Hello,
>       I'm considering adsl service possibly within the next month (this 56k
> connection is about done!)  I'm considering service through GTE (both
> the dsl and the isp), I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience
> with this combination?  I know I can use it with windows, will it easily
> configure with Linux?  If anyone has the time, could you go into some
> detailed setup?  My current situation is two computers connected using a
> Netgear auto sensing 4 port hub.  I would like to be able to connect the
> dsl modem directly to the hub (is that possible?) and let both computers
> (and future computers) to connect directly through the hub.  I still
> haven't been able to configure simple NFS under Linux, although I'm able
> to ping - I don't know if that's relevant.  Do I need to setup one box
> for a gateway, or can I just use the hub itself?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Mike =)
> --
> The Penguins are coming!!!