On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Jeff wrote:

Hi Jeff,
Are you just pulling mail from 1 server to dump it in 1 place on disk?
Stop fiddling then with Fetchmail. I use GETMAIL, a simple little Python
program. Works like a charm and has a TOO SIMPLE setup. A .getmailrc
config file is all you need:

# This is a sample .getmailrc file
# Comments begin with '#' and so can't appear in usernames, passwords, etc.
# Leading and trailing whitespace is ignored.
#
# To preserve leading or trailing whitespace on an option value, quote it with
# single or double quotes, e.g.
#
# password = ' this is a password '
#  or
# password = " this is another password "
#

# Blank lines are ignored.
#
# Accounts to retrieve mail from are specified, one per section in this format:
#
#[section_name]                 # Make them unique and meaningful to yourself.
#account=popusername
#host=pophost.isp.com
#port=110                       # Optional, defaults to standard POP3 port (110)
#destination=path               # Maildir or mbox file for mailbox accounts, and
default
#                               #  destination for domain mailbox accounts
#password=POP3password          # Optional.  If not supplied, getmail will
#                               #  prompt for a password.
#delete=(yes|no)                # Optional, delete mail after retrieving.
#readall=(yes|no)               # Optional, retrieve all mail or just new mail.
#                               # 'delete' defaults to 'no'.
#                               # 'readall' defaults to 'yes'
#type=(mailbox|domainbox)       # Optional, defaults to 'mailbox'.  'domainbox'
#                               # is a domain mailbox, also known as a multidrop
#                               # mailbox.
#email=destination[:username]   # For domain mailbox accounts, specify lines with
#email=destination[:username]   #  email=destination[:username to change
                                                                #  ownership of
Maildir files] pairs
#[...]

#################################
[Demon]                   # Any unique identifier
type=mailbox                        # Not necessary, this is the default
account=pagan                     # Leading and trailing whitespace is ignored
host = pop3.demon.nl                # Whitespace around the '=' is OK too
destination=/home/paul/Maildir       # my maildir
password = ********
delete=yes                          # Delete mail after retrieving
readall=no

>ok and for pine i got it set up and it sends msgs but of course cant read the
>mail cause nothing is in /var/spool/mail/LeadingEdge

I use this with pine, together with Qmail to send out the mail (Sendmail
is a pita.) Works wunnerful for me!

Being as longwinded and hopefully clear as you...
Paul

Love does not make the world go round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(