Hey dude is there a way to make certain web pages
(or the browser) stop grumbling at you when you
don't have an active x plug-in?

Maybe something I can put in my plugger config file?

By the way, I "swiped" comic sans ms font and now have it
as one of the defaults on my linux machine, hehehe.

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> First off, ActiveX is a type of programming used in M$ products to enhance
> the html experience.  An example would be using the <meta> tag in a web page
> and assigning it the 'transition' or 'blend' attributes; you can make one
> page fade to another.  The problem is that you can write your own ActiveX
> controls and yes they can be malicious.  However, it does not make ActiveX
> 'evil' anymore than C++; I happen to use ActiveX on my own web page and it's
> quite cool!  Unless you've changed something in your Outlook settings, by
> default you will have the correct settings to keep from running 'unsigned'
> ActiveX controls ('medium' should do it).  You can probably tell, I'm not a
> 'hardcore' Linux user.  I do enjoy Linux very much and would like to someday
> be able to use it for all my computing needs; however, I still appreciate
> the advancements made in the computer world today.  I think that 'text only'
> sucks!  That's why I use Netscape under Linux and Internet Explorer under
> Windows, I like the pictures!  If everything were text only, you wouldn't
> even have embedded links!  Imagine having to type that whole 300 character
> web address everytime you wanted to send a link!  (o.k. maybe that's a
> *little* exaggerated)  Anyway, the people I've seen whine the most about
> html messages are the same ones that have this .signature file that takes up
> 3 paragraphs of quotes and ASCII pictures!  What's the difference?!  You're
> still wasting my time with all that extra junk... it's called personality.
> O.k., maybe it's not the best thing for mail lists, but let's have a show of
> hands - how many people REALLY use pine or equivalent ONLY?  If the majority
> use html enabled browsers, then why try to make everyone conform to a
> standard that's dated back to the day when 'text only' was the only?  This
> is just my opinion, so PLEASE, don't everyone jump to flame me.  If you
> don't agree, that's fine, but I think running someone into the ground and
> suggesting that they be 'kicked off the list' is just a *little* harsh.
>
> Mike =)

Signature:
Want to make some extra pocket change
listening to your realplayer while you surf?
http://www.radiofreecash.com/home.asp?ref=kittypuss

Sign up for ClickDough and get paid to surf the web.
http://secure.clickdough.com/servlets/cr/CRSignup.po?referral_id=kittypuss