thankyou,
your point is well made,
true a sizable proportion of 'my stuff' comprises stuff hoarded over the
years that i could actually live without, nevertheless i would be
annoyed to lose it.
i have in fact used floppies to back up correspondence, finance records
etc.
the rest is now going to have to do what i'm about to do
-live on the edge-
as i'm going to try this linear option thing - damp squib anyone?

bascule