MC_Vai wrote:

> I hope anybody can help me with this trivial issue:
>
> How a WWW server running Apache can make sure a client connection?, Let
> me explain this straight, this is a project where a www server running
> mdk-7.0 acts like a virtual store & it has to validate the client credit
> card number & stuffs (from a win machine). I was thinking this must be
> in PHP or something like that but, this is what my question is about:
> is there another way to do this? (I can't even know if I'm going right
> or wrong) Where can I get documentation about this?
>
> I hope no one bothers about this trivial question, I really appreciate
> your help. Thanks!

Yes, you'll need to have a CGI or server-side script of some sort to
validate the information returned from the client-side.  That
script/program/applet/servlet/etc would take the credit card number
offered from the client and verify it against a credit card processing
service.

--
Steve Philp, MCSE/MCP+I
Network Administrator