Greetings,
                In tryinf to get SAMBA up and running on MDK 7.0 I have run
into the following situation.  When I try to get it going
with"/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start" I get the following error:

[root@linux /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb: [: =: unary operator expected

Okay I thought there could be a problem with the network. I attemted the
following and received the following error
 [root@linux /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network: [: =: unary operator expected
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network: [: =: unary operator expected Shutting down interface
eth0                               [  OK  ] Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding
                       [  OK  ] /etc/rc.d/init.d/network: [: =: unary operator
expected Enabling IPv4 packet forwarding                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface lo                                   [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0

What might this be. I changed the msec level to three and still no luck. Should
I post this on the experts list?
Thanks
Jim