This looks like part of kppp, fill in all the boxes you list below, make sure
you set up your modem to the correct terminal and it should work, some isp's
require pap authentication, othrs want chap, kppp defaults to pap, if it
doesn't work change it to chap and try again. you shouldn't need to go near
/etc/resolv.conf