Thanks Charles,

For all of your help trying to figure this out with me. I do not think I
have a winmodem though, it is a 'Creative Modem Sound Blaster Flash56 PCI
DI5630' modem. With an IRQ:10 and I/O:03E8h-03EFh according to my 'windows
system resource report', and from my receipt of purchase.

I have asked since I first installed and have not yet heard any ideas as to
if it would be a 'good idea' for me to reinstall? As during my installation
I set the modem to the wrong com port? I think I see where my modem is and
Linux is recoginzing it, just not as what it is 'a modem', it appears from
my windows system resource report that my modem has an IRQ;10, also when I
ran

cat /proc/pci

that (device 11) as per below, has an IRQ:10 also, which leads me to
believe that it (device 11) is in fact my modem and Linux sees it but it is
not properly defined. How to redefine it, of this I am not sure if it is
best to re-install or if I can manually set the proper configurations for
it from within Linux so that it has the proper settings to function?

Also if re-installing is the appropriate method, are there any pointers
that anyone could give prior to doing so? I get the feeling that you are
and have been right on target with your ideas regarding my modem, and as a
result I think you have at least helped me to locate it from within Linux.

Thanks again to everyone,

b/web
Wade

I thought winmodems were software modems and not hardware modems, something
like a 'unimodem', do I have to purchase a new modem? I also see in looking
through the files at Creative for my model 'PCI DI5630' that my modem is
supported by Win 95/98 and Win NT, and that it has a Data Interface: PCI
bus, and a Host Interface: PCI bus, with a system requirement of Pentium
100 or higher and a 'PCI slot'?