>  have a 10 Gig. Fujitsu hard drive that was formatted using DiskGo. I tried
> using
> fdisk but it only acknowledged that I had 8 Gig.
> After reading a ton of material on hard drives, I came across an article
> about
> Win98SE, hard drives and 3rd party utilities.
> It stated that I should not used fdisk to partition the drive but DiskGo.
> The
> manufacturer provided it for free

Check your BIOS, it is probably an older version that does NOT support hd's
larger than 8GB. Cyblinder values larger that 1024 are not supported.

>     Anytime I reformat any of my HDs I always use the vendor supplied
> software. IBM has EZDrive, Maxtor has MaxBlast and I suppose DiskGo is
> Fujitsu version.

These programs are special programs that reside in the MBR, and fool the older
BIOS into thinking there are less that 1024 cylinders by changing the track and
sector values.

You will not be able to use a boot manager in order to support multiple OS'es.

1. Load program into MBR, install Operating System 1
2. Install boot manager, Install Operating System 2.

You have irrepairably damaged Operating System 1.

A better idea is to update your BIOS
Joseph H. Perry
Oracle DBA
Columbus State University