On Sun, 14 May 2000, Roman wrote:

>I think, I have to use Partition Magic to create separate partition for
>the following:
>C:WIN98        Fat16
>*                     Extended
>/boot      LinuxExt2
>/root       LinuxExt2
>/s            LinuxSwap
>/home     LinuxExt2
>/usr        LinuxExt2
>/var        LinuxExt2
>
>Is this right? I am completely out of ideas. I guess I have been used to
>easy installations from Bill's Windows - too long.

Hi Roman,
If you do a standard setup of Mandrake, you only need to tell the
installer where there is free harddisk space, and it will sort most of the
partitioning out for you. You don't have to create partitions with
P-magic, the installer is very capable in that. All you do is tell it
which partitions you want, the size of each of them, and the rest is
handled by the install.
Try it, please.

Paul

Law of Gifts:
You get the most of what you need the least.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
Registered Linux User 174403